markk

markk

The History of the British Coal Industry Volume 1 Before 1700
John Hatcher
Progress: 59/656 pages
The Draining of the Fens: Projectors, Popular Politics, and State Building in Early Modern England (Johns Hopkins Studies in the History of Technology)
Eric H. Ash
Progress: 264/416 pages
Martin Luther: His Road to Reformation 1483-1521
Martin Brecht
Progress: 236/543 pages
My 2017 Reading Challenge
My 2017 Reading Challenge
Last year I decided for the first time to undertake one of those reading challenges that you see on the Internet. It was to read twelve books in a series of categories, and I didn't do it to guide my reading so much as to see if I could check them off during the course of my normal reading. I ended up two shy, as I didn't read any books chosen by my local librarian/bookseller or by a family or friend (I'm an asshole like that), but I enjoyed the experience nonetheless. This year I'm undertaking a much larger one. My plan this time around is for a more modified approach, as for the first five months I will read what I might normally undertake. Around Memorial Day, however, I will take a look at the list, check off what I've accomplished already, and then figure out what I might read to take care of the rest. The key will be to push myself to read books in categories that I might not normally read, and I figure that the summer will be a good time to get to those.