markk

The Paraguayan War, Volume 1: Causes and Early Conduct
Thomas L. Whigham
Progress: 257/520 pages

Picking out summer reading

Today I received my latest review assignment in the mail: Richard S. Faulkner's Pershing's Crusaders. It looks really interesting, and I think it could be one of the most enjoyable books that I've agreed to review in quite some time. Thinking about when I can get to it has left me contemplating what else I might read this summer. Though there are books I would like to get to for my classes I won't need to do much reading prep for them, and I think that if I can keep my podcasting down to a manageable level I should have plenty of time to get to some of my long postponed reading projects.

One of the ones that sounds the most appealing is my composer project. Over the years I've collected a number of biographies of composers, including multi-volume works about Franz Liszt, Hector Berlioz, and Gustav Mahler. Now they sit on my shelf awaiting to be read, and this summer will give me an excellent opportunity to do so. But which one? As I can't decide I'm open to recommendations in the Comments section.

Let me know what you think!