From Cape Charles to Cape Fear: The North Atlantic Blockading Squadron during the Civil War
Robert M. Browning Jr.
Churchill's Secret War With Lenin: British and Commonwealth Military Intervention in the Russian Civil War, 1918-20
Damien Wright
Progress: 253/576 pages
Stalin: Volume I: Paradoxes of Power, 1878-1928
Stephen Kotkin
Progress: 49/912 pages

Kicking off my new podcasting venture -- Arguing History!

As most for you are aware, for the past year I have been interviewing authors for New Books Network about the histories and biographies that they have written. It has given me an opportunity to read some interesting books and talk with the people who write them.

As I've become comfortable with the podcasting process I've thought about the directions in which I might take it. The result is "Arguing History," a new podcast that I have started for the site. For it I host exchanges between two historians on questions of history. For our first one the question was "Should the United States have entered the First World War," and I'm already working on future podcasts over questions about a range of different topics.

If you're interested, please give it a listen. I'm open to suggestions as to how I might improve them (I already know that I need to work on my "ums" and "ahs"), as well as ideas for subjects that we could address in future podcasts.