markk

markk

Greater Gotham: A History of New York City from 1898 to 1919
Mike Wallace
Progress: 77/1200 pages
The Lost Founding Father: John Quincy Adams and the Transformation of American Politics
William J. Cooper Jr.

Kicking off my new podcasting venture -- Arguing History!

As most for you are aware, for the past year I have been interviewing authors for New Books Network about the histories and biographies that they have written. It has given me an opportunity to read some interesting books and talk with the people who write them.

As I've become comfortable with the podcasting process I've thought about the directions in which I might take it. The result is "Arguing History," a new podcast that I have started for the site. For it I host exchanges between two historians on questions of history. For our first one the question was "Should the United States have entered the First World War," and I'm already working on future podcasts over questions about a range of different topics.

If you're interested, please give it a listen. I'm open to suggestions as to how I might improve them (I already know that I need to work on my "ums" and "ahs"), as well as ideas for subjects that we could address in future podcasts.