markk

markk

Rule and Ruin: The Downfall of Moderation and the Destruction of the Republican Party, From Eisenhower to the Tea Party
Geoffrey Kabaservice
Progress: 87/504 pages
Eurydice and the Birth of Macedonian Power
Elizabeth Donnelly Carney
Progress: 44/200 pages
With Our Backs to the Wall: Victory and Defeat in 1918
David Stevenson
Progress: 30/752 pages

Announcing my new review site: bestbritishbios!

After months of pondering, procrastinating, and fretting, I am happy to announce that my new site, Bestbritishbios, is up! I've spent the better part of the last couple of days setting up the basics, and while I still have a lot of work left to do on it I'm ready to start the fun part of writing and posting my reviews. Much of the credit goes to a good friend of mine who's a professional web designer and walked me through some of the do's and don'ts of setting up a website. Without him I never would have gotten this far with turning my idea into an electronic reality.

I also want to thank everyone here who gave me feedback on my initial site design, as you helped me make what proved to be the best decision. And I want to give a special shout-out to Themis-Athena, who shared her hard-earned experiences with review websites. You gave me a lot to think about, and it's helped me decide what it was that I wanted to do with this.

So if you're interested in biographies of British monarchs, please bookmark my page and check back regularly. I'm planning to post 3-4 reviews a month, which with the number of biographies that I have to read means that I have a good 5-6 years of reading ahead of me.