markk

markk

Edward the Confessor
Frank Barlow
Progress: 118/375 pages
For the Common Defense: A Military History of the United States from 1607 to 2012
William B. Feis, Peter Maslowski, Allan R. Millett
Progress: 181/736 pages
James Madison: A Biography
Ralph Louis Ketcham
Progress: 337/753 pages
Tales in Time: The Man Who Walked Home and Other Stories
Robert Silverberg, Harlan Ellison, Ray Bradbury, Lewis Padgett, Garry Douglas Kilworth, Peter Crowther, James Tiptree Jr., Charles de Lint, Spider Robinson, Jack Finney, L. Sprague de Camp, Brian W. Aldiss, H.G. Wells

An unexpected find

— feeling happy

Well, my book shopping trip to Tucson proved a little disappointing. The book I hoped to reacquire was gone, and the works on the War of 1812 that I somehow thought I would magically discover while I was there weren't on the shelves. Still, I found a few desirable titles that I purchased, so it wasn't a waste of time by any stretch. Best of all, though, was an unexpected discovery at our third stop.

This little collection of Ace Doubles was sitting in a bin of free items. The opportunity was too good to pass up, so I snapped them all up and added them to my haul.

Perhaps noting them as the highlight of my trip is a little sad, but I'm looking forward to systematically working my way through them. I often like to take a few days at the end of the semester to indulge myself with some fun fiction. I think I just found my reading for the next month, and you can count on seeing some reviews coming out of it, too.